Header Ads

Header ADS

Lil Kesh, Kiss Daniel and Korede Bello are no threats to me


Lil Kesh, Kiss Daniel and Korede Bello are no threats to me

Mavin Records artiste, and Dorobucci lead singer, Reekado Banks is one of the promising artistes that is bound to rule the Nigerian music scene in future. In this interview with WG, Reekado opens up on what transpired between him and UNILAG students, which resulted in the smashing of his windscreen recently.
Reekado-Banks
Reekado-Banks
He also put the record straight, declaring that he does not see the likes of Lil Kesh, Kiss Daniel and Godwin crooner, Korede Bello as potential threats to his blossoming career in music. According to him, while he respects their individual talent, they do not in any way pose a serious threat to his becoming a superstar.
By Iyabo Aina
What inspire your trending song “Corner”?
It’s just a flirting song which basically talks about how to woo a girl. The song is just  for fun. And you won’t believe that within the period the song was released, it has already over twenty thousand views online.
Are you working on any  project at the moment?
I’m concentrating on promoting the video of my latest single “Corner” including two other songs, “Sugar Baby” and “Tomorrow”.
Your song “ Katapot” sounds more like an aggressive song, what actually inspired it?
“Katapot” has no element of beef or violent at all. What inspires each and every of my song is simply to reach out to different people at a particular time.
Traces of aggressiveness
And if you listen to the song, ‘Katapot”, you would observe that you can relate it to anything like love, life and everything around you. So, there is no trace of  aggressiveness in the song. I am a songwriter and I can just write anything.
How did you get signed to Mavin record label?
It all started after Don Jazzy announced on the internet that artistes should send in their demos. My brother stumbled on the announcement as he quickly sent my demos to him. Luckily, I was selected out of about five thousand people that sent in theirs.
What was it like working with Don Jazzy?
It has been  memorable because Mavin records is like one big family. From the first day, I was introduced to the family, I felt  at home because everybody was so eager to welcome me. May be, because they’ve heard about me as a hardworking artiste before I joined the label.
Do you see Lil Kesh, Kiss Daniel and Korede Bello as threats in the industry?
Everybody is different. I don’t see any of them as a threat. I’m happy with the fact that some emerging artistes are making it big in the industry. For someone like Lil Kesh, I’ve known him long before I joined Mavin records.
So, it is really a  thing of joy for him to be making waves in the industry just as I am. I don’t want to underrate any artiste or make them feel bad that they are not doing well in their chosen career.  I am just happy for everybody and am not in any competition with anybody.  I just want to do good music for myself and for the people.
You seem to be enjoying some preferential treatment from Don Jazzy despite the fact that  the label signed on other new artistes.  What’s the secret?
Basically, talking about the songs “Dorobucci”, “Adaobi” and “ Chop Am”, I was lucky to be the lead singer. At the moment  Mavin records has so many recorded songs that are yet to be released.
Also, Mavin has so many songs that featured all the artistes signed under the label. However, the songs that I was the lead vocalist are the ones that are making waves at the moment. The next songs, we will be dropping may have DiJa as the lead singer or Korede.  And, let me tell you how we work in Mavin records. When an artiste  comes up with a beat, the Mavin boss will ask the person to go and record the beat.
Thereafter, he will  be required to do a freestyling of the beat. Luckily for me,  after freestyling everybody applauded the beat and I ended up adopting it. So,  there is nothing like  preferential treatment at all.
You bagged the Rookie of the Year award at 2014 Headies. Do you think you deserve it despite the fact that you were still new in the industry then?
I wouldn’t say anybody ever deserves any award. It’s just God that gives awards. I feel blessed receiving the award. We have so many talented artistes out there with good songs and videos to show for their creativity. Despite that, I still beat them to clinch the prize. It shows that my hardwork is beginning to pay off and that Reekado Banks has been granted that membership card into the industry.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.